Monday, March 11, 2013

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

For the most part, I really liked this book.I enjoyed the author's writing style and humor. Kate Donavon is thirty-one and wondering if God will ever answer her prayer for a husband. Matt Jarreau is a former pro hockey player who left the NHL after a tragic loss. They meet when Matt is hired to renovate Kate's grandmother's childhood home.

I loved all of the characters. Kate and Matt were very real and believable to me. There were also many humorous tibits and subplots that livened up the story. However, I was somewhat surprised about some of the language and lifestyle choices that this Christian author chose to include in her story. I was surprised that Kate, as a Christian woman, intially became involved in a romantic relationship with Matt before he became a Christian. Also, Matt's experience of becoming a Christian seemed kind of rushed and shallow, as if it was something the author had to slip in in order to make him equally-yoked with Kate. The last several chapters seemed a little rushed to me, but I did enjoy the happy, heartfelt ending.

Overall, I enjoyed this novel and wouldn't hesitate to read another book by Becky Wade in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment