Monday, January 7, 2013

Short Straw Bride

I signed up to be a book reviewer for Bethany House Publishers. I post a review so here it is:

Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
I absolutely loved this book. It was humorous and interesting the whole way through! Meredith sets out to help Travis who had rescued her 10 years earlier. She has always pictured him as her hero. They end up marrying and although it isn’t a love match, they both are... determined to help each other. I love how the back cover of the book did a good job of making the story sound interesting without giving away important details or summarizing the whole story.
Like many books, the bad guy turns out to be unreasonable and horrible, which can be kind of over done, but I did not feel like it was unrealistic in this book. I felt like the characters where realistic and faced problems with normal human reactions. I like how the author had all of the characters as imperfect people who grew and became stronger through the book.
All-in-all I really enjoyed this book and would like to see a sequel. I will definitely look forward to reading more books by Karen Witemeyer.
~Emma Metzger

No comments:

Post a Comment